First layer of information regarding the processing of your personal data
Who is responsible for processing your data?
ADMIRAL EUROPE COMPAÑÍA DE SEGUROS, S.A.U. (hereinafter “AECS”) CIF Nº A-87987822, company registered with DGSFP with registration nº C0805, authorised and supervised by the Dirección General de Seguros y Fondos de Pensiones (“DGSFP”) to carry out contracts of insurance.
ADMIRAL INTERMEDIARY SERVICES, S.A.U. (hereinafter AIS), CIF Nº A-90354911, company registered in Spain and authorised by the DGSFP to undertake insurance mediation (number AJ-0213). Address: C/ Albert Einstein 10, 41092 Seville (Spain).
AECS has authorised AIS to either distribute Policies underwritten and issued by AECS entirely or under a coinsurance agreement. AECS and AIS are both wholly part of Admiral Group Plc.
The Admiral Group distributes insurance policies in Spain under the brands Qualitas Auto, Balumba Seguros and Wiyouseguros; in France under the brand L’Olivier assurance auto; and in Italy under the brand ConTe.it.
The data controller(s) will be clearly identified on your insurance policy documents.
For what purposes do we process personal data?
The main purpose of the processing is to offer and administer your insurance policy, including claims handling. Other purposes include processing your quotes including assessing and rating the risk associated to your application, and credit scoring; performing insurance activities; managing the personal area and applications; direct marketing; processing the renewal of your policy; fraud prevention and detection, controlling and improving the quality of our services; co-insurance and reinsurance; the maintenance of our websites, and the analysis of your navigation data. We may use your information to make automated decisions including profiling, for instance for risk selection purposes or to assess which products might be the most suitable for you. You can object to profiling in certain cases.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We process your data on the basis of the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other national laws applicable to the processing of personal data.
The legal grounds for the processing depend on the context and the purpose for which we collect your data. We may process your data because this is necessary for the performance of your insurance contract or any contract we may have with you, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; because the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations; because the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or because the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests. These can be commercial or societal benefits and in order for us to process your data, we will always balance our interests against your own to ensure it is fair.
In some cases we may process your data because you have given your express consent for us to process your data for one or more specific purposes. You may revoke such consent at any time.
What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
You have a number of rights as a data subject. Please note that these rights do not apply in all circumstances.
- You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we are processing your, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data as well as information regarding why and how we process that data.
- You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate, and to have incomplete data completed.
- You have the right to restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, e.g. where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to have your personal data deleted from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above, except under certain legal conditions.
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in an electronic format (Right to data portability).
- You have the right not to be subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making, including Profiling in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where the processing of your personal data is based on that lawful basis. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you have any queries about your rights or about the processing of your personal data, you can contact us in writing by post or email, together with enough information to allow us to deal with your request, via the details specified below:
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Admiral Seguros, C/ Albert Einstein 10 41092, Sevilla (Spain).
If you have an insurance policy with ConTe.it in Italy:
Address: ConTe. Via della Bufalotta, 374 – 00139 Roma (Italia)
If you have an insurance policy with L’Olivier assurance auto
It may take up to one month to process your request. If you have any further query about your rights or believe that they have not been met by any of the companies of the Admiral Group, you may also contact our Group Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
If you have any complaints relating to the processing of your personal data you are entitled to make a complaint to your national Data Protection Authority: Agencia española de protección de datos (AEPD), Garante per la protezione dei dati personali o Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés.
To which categories of recipients may we disclose your data?
Depending on the services or insurance policies you are interested in or purchase, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties to meet some of our contractual and legal duties or for the specific purposes previously indicated. In particular, it may be necessary to share your data with:
- Other Admiral Group companies in the UK and/or the EEA that you can consult at admiralgroup.co.uk/business/our_companies.php to provide financial, technical, statistical or commercial services.
- Our data processors, external service suppliers, telematics providers or IT suppliers. If they are located in countries outside the European Union in a third country where the European Commission has not made an adequacy decision, appropriate legal safeguards” will be implemented, such as the Privacy Shield and the Standard Contractual Clauses.
- Other insurers acting as joint controllers.
- Insurance intermediaries (agents, brokers, price comparators)
- Other insurers including those of third parties involved in an accident.
- Reinsurance companies, professional organisations or “insurers compensation scheme”.
- In addition, in certain cases we may share your personal data with public authorities in order to meet legal obligations or statutory reporting duties, including to credit Bureau databases or for, fraud prevention purposes, according to the regulations of the country where the services are contracted.
Where do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your personal data when you ask for a quote, from our conversations or if you make any enquiry by phone, emails, chat, online forms, when you navigate on our websites, when you purchase our products, through insurance intermediaries, brokers, price comparison websites, or through external providers, for instance.
We may collect data through your telematics device if you use one. We may make a number of checks when assessing your application, including consulting Credit Bureau databases, Industry common insurance history databases and any databases of interest for risk selection, data validation and fraud prevention purposes, including public sources.
When providing personal data about others, you confirm that you have the consent of these individuals to supply their personal data, in particular in case of special categories of personal data. In case of processing data of children between 13 and 16 years old, if the insured or policy holder is not the legal representative, the express consent of the child must be obtained previously to the processing.
You can find further information about the processing of your personal data and how to exercise your rights in the specific privacy notice of the brand you chose for using our insurance services, by clicking on the corresponding link:
AECS will process your personal data as confidential and will keep the mandatory duty of secrecy. AECS will adopt the technical and organisational measures necessary to guarantee your personal data security to avoid its alteration, loss, processing or unauthorised access, taking into account the state of the technology, nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed.
AECS reserves the right to change this policy. We will inform you of any changes in your next visit to our website. On some occasions we will need to change the way we process your personal data. When we believe that you cannot reasonably expect this change, we will notify you in writing.